About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom, working professional, and lover of all things fitness. I've lost 20 lbs in and kept it off for the past 2 years without stepping foot in a gym. I'm all about learning to be a better ME and paying it forward. Contact me at http://fb.me/tamaragomez18 or tamara.gomez18@gmail.com

Friday, December 17, 2010

I've Found My Magic Pill

Well not really, there is no magic pill for anything, though I wish there was.  What I have found is a solution to 2 problems that I've had for over 10 years.  First, I have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) which all started in 2000 when I became pregnant with Novali.  For some reason, pregnancy triggered this condition which has plagued me ever since.  Having IBS is not fun.  It is very common in women.  Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common disorder that affects the large intestine (colon). Irritable bowel syndrome commonly causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating gas, diarrhea and constipation (The Mayo Clinic).  For so many years, I've learned to live with the pain, cramping, bloating, etc…  I've been given prescription meds that don't work, I've made changes to my diet, and nothing worked.  So I was resigned that this is just the way it would always be.
Another thing I was resigned to was having chronic fatigue.  I am ALWAYS tired.  I have very low energy.  My doctor has run every test in the book and I am healthy as a horse.  But I can't ever shake this slugging, exhausted feeling.  Another thing that I thought, "I'll just have to deal with this for the rest of my life."
But now… everything is changing.  See I was looking for a protein powder to supplement my workouts. I found this product called Shakeology. When I first heard about it, I was a skeptic.  What is it?  Oh just another protein shake with a fancy name.  And it costs HOW MUCH?  No way…  I'll just go to GNC and buy a $19 protein powder.  So I did that, I went to GNC, I spent 30 minutes talking to this guy about which of the 100 formulas that they have is best for me.  I made a purchase, and I walked out not knowing what the heck I had just bought.  I might as well have closed my eyes, spun around 3 times, and just pointed at a product to buy.  I couldn't even identify half of the ingredients in it.  But I used it, and it made me sick.  My doctor checked out the ingredients and gave me a lecture about putting crap in my body.  Not fun…
Around the same time, I was also looking for meal replacements.  I tried a couple, and they all tasted like chalk, and again were mostly fillers and artificial ingredients.  I still have some Atkins Shakes in my fridge that I have to throw out, cause I'll never drink them.
So I thought, what the heck, let me look at Shakeology again.  What I found was that first of all, it's all natural.  I don't have to guess what weird things are in it.  It's not loaded with sugar.  It's gluten free (very important for me), it's a multivitamin.  If I were to go into GNC and buy all the things that Shakeology does for me, I'd have to buy a protein powder, vitamins, a probiotic, a super food blend, the list goes on and on.  It would be 100s of dollars!  So I tried it, what did I have to lose.  What have I found?  OMG it's delicious!  It fills me up.  After a few weeks, I realized that I was alert!  Much more alert and energized than ever!  I felt amazing.  I stopped craving coffee, I still love my coffee, but I don't NEED it to function anymore.  And my IBS???  My morning painful cramps that I've had for 10 YEARS… GONE!!!  99.9% GONE.  It's like a miracle and I wake up every day THANKFUL that I'm not in pain!!!
So to me, Shakeology is MAGIC…  Magic, in the form of delicious chocolate goodness.  Worth every penny.  And who can't use a little more chocolate in their lives???
If you'd like to learn more about Shakeology, check out these short videos!
Please comment if you want more info or have questions, or email me at tamara.gomez18@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment