About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom, working professional, and lover of all things fitness. I've lost 20 lbs in and kept it off for the past 2 years without stepping foot in a gym. I'm all about learning to be a better ME and paying it forward. Contact me at http://fb.me/tamaragomez18 or tamara.gomez18@gmail.com

Thursday, March 24, 2011

My New Favorite Meal

This is one of my absolute favorite recipes now, from the TurboFire 5 Day Inferno Meal Plan!  We had it for dinner last night and I'll tell you, I've never liked salmon, but I clean my plate when we have this.  I want more just thinking about it!!! 

I do make some small substitutions.  I'm not a fan of ginger so I leave that out.  I should try it just for the heck of it, right?  I also double or even triple the bok choy, because once you cook it, it shrivels up to nothing.  And I love garlic so a little extra doesn't hurt. J I use hot chili sesame oil to give it a little spice.  It's phenomenal.  I get my wild salmon from Trader Joe's, sometimes they have patties and sometimes fillets.  And I buy the pre-cooked brown rice from Trader Joe's as well.  Overall, the meal takes about 10 minutes to make!

Enjoy!

Two 4 oz pieces of wild salmon, without the skin

3 Tbsp. teriyaki marinade or sauce

2 pineapple rings, canned in juice, drained

1 garlic clove

1 medium head of bok choy, roughly chopped

½ tsp. sesame oil

1/3 cup of brown rice

1 tsp. powdered ginger

Directions: Marinade the salmon in teriyaki overnight, or for an hour before grilling.  Grill the salmon for 5 min on each side.  Place pineapple slices on the grill for 2 min. and sear.

Add rice, 2/3 cup of water, and 1 tsp. powdered ginger into a rice cooker or saucepan.  Cook on low heat until the rice is tender.  Meanwhile, spritz nonstick cooking spray  and ½ tsp sesame oil into a frying pan.  Saute 1 garlic clove and the bok choy until soft, yet still crisp.

Makes 2 servings.

Calories 336/Protein 27 g/Carbs 41 g/Total Fat 6 g/Fiber 2 g

Oh man, I'm hungry now!

 

1 comment:

  1. That does sound good - I'll have to try it! I'm not a big fish eater but I have it twice per week because it's so good for you. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete