About Me

My photo
I'm a busy mom, working professional, and lover of all things fitness. I've lost 20 lbs in and kept it off for the past 2 years without stepping foot in a gym. I'm all about learning to be a better ME and paying it forward. Contact me at http://fb.me/tamaragomez18 or tamara.gomez18@gmail.com

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Headaches and Day 2

They say the first 5 days of the reset can be rough, with the biggest complaints being headaches. Especially for caffeine drinkers. I am a coffee drinker but I usually only have 1 cup in the mornings. I stopped drinking coffee as of this past Sunday. After yesterday’s lunch I almost immediately developed a ginormous headache, and it lasted pretty much until I went to sleep. At times it was pounding! But I know it’s a part of the process and I expected it, so I sucked it up and tried to keep a smile on my face as best as I could. I tried hard to keep my patience and not take it out on any innocent bystanders ;)




Went home and made dinner, well Syed made dinner, I kind of putzed around trying to pretend I was being useful (he had a headache too). Novali made herself the most amazing smelling burger, temptation central.

Dinner was really good, salmon, asparagus, potatoes (side note: why does the smallest bit of asparagus make your pee stink within minutes?) But I couldn’t really enjoy it; all I was thinking about was getting to bed. We managed to get to sleep about an hour earlier than usual.

I slept well, almost 8 hours and when I got up I had a mild headache and was slightly nauseous. Breakfast was oatmeal, blueberries, and yogurt. Except I don’t like oatmeal, and I’m not used to eating so much solid food so early o_O (although had it been a Starbucks morning bun I may not have complained). I managed to get down about a quarter of it all, brought it to work, force fed myself a few more bites… Come to think of it, I don’t think I’m a big fan of blueberries either.

Now I have a huge report due at work and the numbers are sort of floating around.

Miss my coffee…

Must… focus…

No comments:

Post a Comment